POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Isosurface contained_by{]-bug? : Re: Isosurface contained_by{]-bug? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 14:25:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface contained_by{]-bug?
From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 11 Apr 2001 14:32:37
Message: <3ad4a344@news.povray.org>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer <Mar### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> Well, okay. It's the first time I had problems with this, so it may be
> indeed an "unorthodox way". But I would suggest to write that in the docus
> somewhere, 'cause it can get quite annoying IMO.
> The official-docs about "box" don't mention that limitation. Indeed, the
> tutorial section about the "box object" says that any two opposite corners
> will work.

I don't think this is a general limitation with boxes, but with isosurface's
particular version of them.  It's a limited version, that only allows for
the basic parsing.  It doesn't allow rotates and translates and such,
either.  It'd help if the MP docs were a bit more explicit, yes, but it
shouldn't hurt you with normal boxes.

> Anyway, good to know, that this limitation exists. No problem to life with
> it.

Yes, if this is in fact the problem.  Have you tried rerendering with the
'corrected' version?  I'm not so certain this is the root cause of the
problem.

Geoff